3dbenchmark low?

brad29579

OSNN One Post Wonder
Hi I just recieved a 4920 with a amd dual core 6000+, 4gb of 800mhz ram, and a galaxy low profile 8600 gt, gigabyte ma-74 mobo. does this sound right at all?

Thread moved to Benchmarks & Performance.

What resolution and settings? And are you talking about 3dmark06? At 1280x1024 (default benchmark), that's about average. The 8600GT is not really a high-end card. An 8800GT scores approximately twice that in 3dMark06.

That sounds ok for an 8600 GT. Don't beleive the ratings you may see for "similar machines" on the 3D comparison sites. A lot of those machines are way over clocked to get those ratings. Your machine should be clumped in the middle of the ratings with everyone else.

Also it depends on which 3D you are using. Some weight very heavily for Video card and others for processor.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
EP, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David Milller
Back